Cypress Hills Camp is looking for an Executive Director. Please check out this job description and if you’re interested, fill out the online application form below. Our Board of Directors will reach out to any candidates they’re interested in for the position. Have questions? Contact us.
ABOUT THE POSITION
God and the CHC Board Chair
Be the spiritual leader. Be the chief vision officer-carrying out and sharing our vision. Our vision is to Access, Impact and Integrate. Access kids from SW SK and SE AB, Impact them with the transformational message of Jesus Christ and Integrate them into the local church. Encouraging them to become passionate, Biblical obedient followers of Jesus. Oversee the summer camp ministry. Love, encourage and develop staff, campers, volunteers and our constituency. Reporting to the chairman of the board.
- Has a vibrant prayer life daily.
- A vessel for Christ to work in and through.
- In agreements with CHC doctrine statements and code of conduct.
- Team player and coach. Willing to help others develop their walk with Christ.
- Servant heart and leadership skills.
- Self-motivated and strong work ethic.
- Peacemaker, friendly and approachable.
- Pray daily for God’s anointing over the camp.
- Welcome campers and parents to the camp on registration day.
- Ensure registrations are completed properly.
- Communicate clearly and kindly to campers’ parents.
- Develop, maintain and organize the summer camp program.
- Ensure the Gospel is clearly communicated to all campers by speakers and staff.
- Encourage that testimonies are shared daily of how God has transformed peoples’ lives.
- Ensure that all skills are safe, fun, educational, and are well maintained.
- Oversee all campers, providing appropriate discipline when necessary.
- Lead daily staff meetings.
- Develop cabin devotional and discussion curriculum and training staff on how to use the material.
- Encourage summer staff to live the Gospel and be aware of teachable moments.
- Ensure camper evaluations are completed and submitted by staff.
- Record daily on how the Holy Spirit was working at the camp.
- Recruiting staff for summer program, including cabin staff, LIT’s, nurses, cooks, and maintenance.
- Making frequent contact with churches within the constituency and maintaining good relationships with those churches.
- Share the vision of the camp with churches and constituency community with passion in order to build and maintain a strong supporting constituency.
- To be the chief vision officer.
- Travelling to churches within the constituency to make reports on the ministry.
- Ensure the camp facilities are well maintained.
- Be accommodating and a godly example to guest groups that use the facilities.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST!
Register for Camp